BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Aug. 1, 2023) — Butane-Propane News has announced the 10 finalists of its 2023 class of the BPN Industry Innovators.
BPN Industry Innovators was designed to recognize the propane movers and shakers who are working every day to grow and improve the industry. The 10 finalists selected for this year's class are:
- Wendy Salter, president of Modern Gas Company
- Joe Calhoun, business development, propane industry maven
- Freddie Ridler, head of business growth at Rural Computer Consultants Inc.
- Scott Dougherty, engineer at Superior Energy Systems
- John Jessup, president and CEO of the Southeast Propane Alliance
- Steve McCoy, vice president of business development at Blossman Gas
- Cinch Munson, vice president, commercial development at Oberon Fuels
- Megan Carr, director, logistics and business intelligence at Paraco Gas
- Stephen Hallett, operations director at Dimeta
- Gene Morrison, dispensing systems product manager at Gas Equipment Company — a MAKEEN Energy Company
These finalists will be recognized in a special section in BPN's August 2023 print edition and on bpnews.com throughout the months of August and September.
This year's BPN Industry Innovators contest was brought to you by the following sponsors:
What does an Industry Innovator look like? This nominee:
- Currently works in or is allied to the propane industry
- Fosters innovation in either their company or the broader industry
- Actively pursues learning or personal career growth opportunities
- Focuses on making the industry a better place to work for current and incumbent workers
Nominations for BPN Industry Innovators 2024 will open May 1, 2024. Be sure to check back on bpnews.com next spring to nominate your colleagues and find out more about the contest!